Purpose: To provide aircraft type technical expertise and to manage the aircraft technical interface, including relevant documentation and manuals, ensuring that operational needs are met in an effective and efficient manner.Key Responsibilities
- Monitoring the Fleet aircraft serviceability status and the effects on aircraft flight operations.
- Assessing operational implications of Technical reports, (CARS, ASR and QA findings) and taking appropriate corrective, preventative and augmentation actions.
- Ensure the Fleet DDG (MEL / CDL) is maintained in full compliance with regulatory and Company standards.
- Maintain the technical content of the Fleet Operating Manuals to ensure full compliance with regulatory and Company standards.
- Reviewing aircraft manufacturer’s technical operating information on an ongoing basis, exercising judgement, prioritizing and implementing critical and important changes, in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintaining effective control of the Fleet aircraft configuration changes and modification status and ensuring that the technical impacts of configuration changes are implemented in a timely and safe manner.
- Providing a source of technical competence regarding Fleet aircraft systems and procedures.
- Co-ordinate the aircraft engineering aspects of new hardware, software and procedures implementation.
- Monitor AQD to provide technical input as required.
- Co-ordinating extensions and developments to EDTO rule times as required.
- Monitor records of all engineering incidents relating to ETOPS.
- Revising operations manuals according to changes in the manufacturers’ configuration maintenance procedure (CMP).
- Providing a point of contact with HKCAD regarding technical aspects of aircraft operations.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technological advances and making timely decisions and giving necessary support to the implementation of trials, tests and installations of new technology, where this will bring economic or operational benefit.
- Supporting flight Testing and simulator approval as required by FTEM.
- Maintaining technical knowledge of aircraft type and operational procedures.
- Representing the Company in a loyal and positive manner at relevant seminars and meetings.
- Maintaining operational awareness and competency.
- Liaison with internal departments, aircraft operators, aircraft manufacturers, aircraft maintenance companies and other relevant suppliers as required.
- Involvement in projects as required by Flight Operations.
- Flying route familiarization
- Aviation based university degree or experience as a licensed aircraft maintenance engineer.
- Flight operations engineer or other aviation based engineering qualification.
- Ability to support and influence stakeholders’ relationship.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in a Flight Operations Engineering Environment.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a management post holder.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ employment with an airline aircraft engineering department.