The Aircraft CAT W1/2/3 Licensed Engineer carries out and certifies line maintenance on type related aircraft including scheduled/unscheduled maintenance,troubleshooting and defect rectification in accordance with company,manufacturer and legal procedures and legislation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performing maintenance, rectification of defects and troubleshooting
- Ensuring compliance with valid revisions of regulations, procedures, processes, instructions and aeronautical laws within the area of responsibility
- Performing maintenance on cabin IFE systems
- Supervising and signing the release to service for all maintenance work which is carried out by other maintenance personal
- Reporting airplane defects and incoming aircraft status to MCC
- Reporting of any occurrence per Part-145.A.60, Part M.A.202 and IQ Move/Customer procedures or local legislation requirements
- Taking responsibility for paper work
- Regular reporting of activities performed on customer aircraft for proper invoicing
- Attending regular technical training to stay updated
The ideal Aircraft Licensed Engineer CAT W1/W2/W3 must fulfill the following requirements:
- Valid AME category W1/2/3 rating on B737-NG and B737-CL or corresponding national respectively ICAO Type license.
- Knowledge of aeronautical regulations (PART-145, PART-66 etc.or requirements of the national authority).
- Very good English language skills.
- Flexibility and a reliable manner of working.
- An awareness of Health and Safety rules and regulations surrounding an LAE function.
- Customer orientation and strong communication skills.
- Intercultural competence.
- Team capability and high ability to coordinate work.
- Valid driving license.
- Proof of Experience of Certification on B737NG required.
* CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Trade Certificate required.
* Company will not provide relocation assistance.
* Must possess a legal work permit in South Africa.
* Must be willing to work shifts.