United Airlines is currently hiring in various locations to keep United’s fleet of aircraft in tip-top shape are you passionate about aviation? Would you like to work on some of the biggest and best aircraft in the world? If so, there’s no better place to be than United Airlines. We’re looking for a full-time Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) who has valid Airframe & Powerplant certification to join our Technical Operations team in one of United’s domestic HUBS. In this vital role, you will provide service and maintenance for aircraft systems, powerplants, airframes,s, and components. You’ll handle a wide variety of duties that make every day different, including inspections, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, parts replacement and repair, as well as routine maintenance.
Keeping our fleet flight-ready
- Strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail are essential for this critical position.
- Unlike smaller regional airlines, you’ll have the opportunity to work on larger, highly sophisticated aircraft with United.
- We will rely on you to be a great team player, receiving and providing support as you collaborate professionally and seamlessly with your co-workers.
- You will generally be working out in the elements, so you must be capable of handling weather extremes.
- You will likely get dirty, but for those who enjoy hands-on work, it’s all part of the job.
Many routes to success
- We offer initial training, specialty classes and recurrent training in technical areas and on other topics such as ethics and compliance.
- With experience, drive and determination to excel, you can move into a variety of roles, including management, inspection, quality control, fleet planning and others.
- After gaining seniority, you’ll have the opportunity to transfer to other locations within our amazing network.
Flexibility and dependability are essential
- Since this is a union position based on seniority, you will be assigned an initial schedule designed to meet our needs at the airport.
- You must be available for any shift within a 24/7 operation, weekends and holidays
- You may be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential – we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
The rewards for your expertise and work ethic
- Great benefits, including several plan options
- Flight privileges from day one: you and your family can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by
- Time off: you’ll have at least two days off in a row and can earn vacation days based on length of service
A few additional requirements
- Computer literacy
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- An eagerness to learn and willingness to train
- The ability to access elevated aircraft areas via ladders, lift trucks, boom lifts and other devices
- The strength to lift 50 pounds, physical flexibility and the ability to work in confined spaces
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT