An amazing opportunity to be part of our Technical Operations Talent pool for current and future opportunities.
As an Aircraft Mechanic, you will report to the Licensed Aircraft Engineer/Lead Engineer and responsible for the identification, maintenance, and rectification of aircraft defects.
- Sign-off own work after having completed task that has been performed in accordance with approved data as assigned by Certifying Staff.
- Completes all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with current company procedures.
- Ensure that all unused serviceable and unserviceable items, tool and equipment are returned to stores / workshop in a timely manner, and at the latest, before the end of the shift.
- Supports the engineers/technicians in a timely manner with their requirements for ground equipment, spares and assistance on the aircraft.
- Ensures that all work performed at Etihad and completed in accordance with its processes and procedures is done in a safe manner.
- Familiar with, enforce and follow the procedures stipulated in the Safety & Quality Management Manual (SQMM) and become an active participant in the workplace safety program
- Encourages colleagues by being actively involved in the promotion of a positive reporting culture
Education & Experience
- High School leaving Certificate / or Diploma preferably holding a Valid aircraft maintenance license (UAE GCAA Category A).
- Minimum 10 years schooling and equivalent or familiarity with industrial / engineering work, 2 years’ experience in a Line Maintenance environment
- Must have served an aviation apprenticeship with an airline/ approved organization or have received equivalent formal training.
- Only Cabin experience is not sufficient
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com
COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our communities—including our employees and our candidates remains our top priority. From a recruiting perspective we are continuing to identify people for roles with Etihad in anticipation we will be able to hire, however the process may take longer because we are using more virtual recruiting techniques, and start dates may be delayed because of guidance from the governments in the countries we operate in. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, Stay safe and healthy.