Aircraft Structural Integrity Engineer
- Attractive remuneration and annual bonus, salary packaging options available
- Work on cutting-edge projects
- Hybrid work from home and office environment
In your role as a key member of our Aerospace Engineering and Production Capability, you will support the Aircraft Structural Integrity Program, which is essential to ensuring the airworthiness and safe operation of the F/A-18F and EA-18G fleets.
Multiple roles on offer based in RAAF Base Amberley, QLD.
As an aircraft Structural Integrity Engineer you will:
- Manage the ASIP through the various phases of the Aircraft life cycle.
- Lead Boeing implementation of F/A-18F & EA-18G ASIP requirements in accordance with the respective Aircraft Structural Integrity Management Plan (ASIMP).
- Assess structural life and structural health of aircraft and recommend maintenance actions.
- Ensure continued airworthiness through structural life assessment (SLA) and structural health monitoring (SHM) of the airframe and provide recommendations for possible maintenance actions.
- Collaborate with United States Navy (USN) counterpart with regards to aircraft structural integrity management, strategy, and project status.
- Review and analyze incoming Structural Life Assessment report and provide recommendations for Australian Defence Force Configuration Role and Environment (CRE).
To be considered for the role you will have:
- A Bachelor Engineering qualification in either Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical or a related tertiary Engineering degree qualification satisfying the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (RPEQ &/or CPEng desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in aircraft structural integrity or aircraft repairs including aircraft structures design, analysis, or engineering support to in-service aircraft operations.
- Previous experience in developing engineering artifacts within a regulated aviation environment such as the Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) environment or similar (CASA, FAA, EASA, etc.)
- Well-developed communication skills to work collaboratively to a high standard within a multi-discipline team.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements.
- Flexible work arrangements include working from home, compressed work weeks, and part-time.
- Formal reward and recognition program
- Access discounts for health insurance, travel, and accommodation
- Paid study leave, parental leave, Defence leave, and First Nation’s Cultural Leave
- Salary packaging and professional memberships sponsorship options are available
- Join social and community groups and explore opportunities to engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs and initiatives focusing on STEM engagements