The Aircraft Structure Mechanic is responsible to perform maintenance tasks on the components on the instruction of the Operation Manager. the person is responsible to perform the work in accordance with the applicable maintenance documentation of the OEM and in line with internal procedures and processes. Are you ready to take on a new challenge?
Come and see what we have to offer!
Your main tasks include, among others:
- Follow instructions from the operational manager and internal processes/procedures.
- Read and understand manufacturer maintenance documentation.
- Perform self-reliant inspection tasks on aircraft components.
- Perform self-reliant composite and/or sheet metal repair tasks on aircraft components.
- Sign-off related shop documentation after task performed.
- Take technical decisions and actions to ensure economic and on-time performance of maintenance tasks.
- Support quality department to implement changes.
- Support quality department for audit preparation and execution.
- Ensure tool care.
- Perform daily housekeeping.
- Continuously improvement of skills.
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to company issues at all times.
*Takeover of additional tasks when required.
The ideal Aircraft Structure Mechanic must fulfill the following requirements:
- Minimum 6 years MRO experience as structure mechanic in base maintenance or component shops.
- Fundamental knowledge in human factors and aviation legislation.
- Experience in structure repairs, sheet metal work, and/or hot bonding repairs, and/or composites repairs.
- Experience in assembly/disassembly of components.
- Experience in nacelle components and flight control repairs is preferable.
- English Knowledge, to read and understand regulations, instructions, and manuals.
- Computer knowledge is required to access regulations, instructions, and manuals.
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to ensuring progress is made on repair events as a team.
- Work under pressure.
- Willing to work in flexible working time and shifts.
About Lufthansa Technik AG
Lufthansa Technik is the world’s leading provider of maintenance, repair, and overhaul services and modifications in the aviation industry. With more than 20,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of aircraft technology services to around 800 customers around the world. What makes us so successful? We do. The people at the Lufthansa Technik Group. Whether engineering, IT, logistics, first-year apprentice, or highly specialized professional – we not only keep aviation in motion. We are working on its future every day. We are innovators, technologies, and those who think aviation forward. Our pioneering spirit discovers the next horizon even in the smallest detail. We are Aviationeers. What about you?