HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Thank you for inquiring about the opportunity to become an Aircraft Support Mechanic (ASM) – Cabin with the Delta Air Lines Tech Ops division.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Performs various tasks using appropriate tools and equipment either working independently or as a team working items within the ASM classification.
- Assists mechanics in technical or non-technical functions related, but not limited to: aircraft interiors, cargo bins, A/C wheels and brakes, components, aircraft systems, aircraft engine repairs, and avionics systems according to Delta and FAA specifications.
- May require other non-technical functions as developed.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent; candidates who have graduated from high school with a vocational diploma or other diploma that includes a minimum of six (6) units of study (2-3 years) in a major vocational field will be considered. To be considered based on high school vocational qualifications, candidates must provide copies of their high school transcripts listing courses, grades and credits.
- Must have at least six months of acceptable mechanical experience or appropriate technical training.
- Must possess basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, composites and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems.
- Must achieve a satisfactory score on assessments structured to determine the ability to perform essential job functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check and drug test.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including rotating or fixed shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read and write English and comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- (If transferring internally) Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- An Airframe & Powerplant license is preferred, but not required.