The Aircraft Technician is responsible for carrying out maintenance tasks on Emirates and third-party aircraft and components in accordance with laid down procedures and regulations. The Aircraft Technician will work as part of a team under the direction and guidance of the assigned Licensed Aircraft Engineer within the trade disciplines for which they have been trained.
– – Generic: – To carry out routine aircraft/engine/component servicing/ maintenance and/or approved structural repairs compliant with manufacturers’ procedures whilst observing all safety procedures for fluid replenishment, aircraft refueling, and aircraft systems charging/servicing as required.
– – To complete any component replacement and other maintenance activities as directed by the immediate supervisor. This will include the ability to obtain and understand Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), Illustrated Parts catalog (IPC), Component Maintenance Manual (CMM), or other approved documentation required to carry out this task.
– – Assist Licensed Aircraft Engineers in `Walk around Checks on arrival and prior to departure as directed by the assigned engineer, in troubleshooting, defect rectifications, and carrying out modifications while also performing instructions contained in the job card.
– – Participate and promote in creating a safety culture in an effort to minimize accidents and highlight deficiencies/failures that can lead to such accidents. Ensure all work locations are kept clean and excellent housekeeping conditions are maintained. This includes being aware of and communicating safety shortfalls. To avoid FOD will be vigilant in ensuring work areas (including the ramp), vehicles, stands, and lockers, and that toolboxes are regularly audited, maintained, and kept clean.
– – Should be fully conversant with airport safety regulations including holding and maintaining an airport driving permit. Should be fully conversant with airport maneuvering area requirements and be able to comply.
– – Work closely with supervisor, through the PM review system to agree on development plans including training, strengths and weaknesses, and time frames for completion. Grooming standards are maintained and attendance is to be maintained.
– – Ensure prompt attendance to all allocated tasks with the intent to maximize the ground time and avoid operational delays/disruptions. This will include obtaining aircraft/ component status briefs from LAEs/ reports and preparing accordingly. Should be able to communicate any aircraft/ component/ structural defects found to the LAE in an expedient manner and ensure during shift handovers all required information is clearly passed to the staff taking over before leaving the said aircraft/ workshop.
– SPECIFIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR EMIRATES FLIGHT TRAINING ACADEMY (EFTA)
– The role will be directly contributing to the safety and airworthiness through the accomplishment of maintenance activity for the Academy’s fleet of 27 aircraft. The employee will be available to be deployed anywhere throughout the EFTA operation including diversionary airfields to assist in the recovery of an AOG.
– Maintain and repair the academy’s aircraft including the diagnosis of electrical and mechanical issues, the replacing of defective and worn parts, and the inspection of aircraft on a maintenance schedule in order to prevent problems before they happen. Conduct testing on a plane’s communication and diagnostic systems and work specifically on electrical systems and different parts of EFTA aircraft.
Qualifications & Experience
National / Higher National Diploma (12+2 or equivalent) or Apprenticeship in Mechanical, Electronic, Avionics, or Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent training with a reputable airline or an approved maintenance organization.
Engineering, other 5+ years post-basic training in an Aircraft Maintenance environment, or 5+ years experience in Structures or Component Maintenance for the applicable workshop.
Knowledge/skills: Engineering, other 5+ years post-basic training in an Aircraft Maintenance environment, or 5+ years experience in Structures or Component Maintenance for the applicable workshop.
Leadership Role: No Safety Sensitive Role: Yes Details of Safety Sensitive role: Details of Safety Sensitive role Yes/No Working at height Yes Exposure to hazardous energy systems Yes Heavy lifting Yes Working in areas with motorized mobile equipment Yes Work in confined spaces Yes Contact with contaminations materials (Humans/Animals/Chemicals) Yes Contact with dangerous good Yes Work in an extremely noisy environment Yes Work in heat Yes Working with pressurized substances Yes Exposure to fixed protruding sharp objects Yes Exposure to contact with moving/falling objects. Yes, Airport driving permit Yes Driving vibrating equipment No Other ( please specify) No Please note that you must have the right to live and work in Bangkok.