– Provide assistance to customers on arrival and departure, ensuring high quality and professional customer service is maintained at all times. These include ascertaining the requirements of various categories of customers such as unaccompanied minors, customers with reduced mobility, etc. ensuring appropriate special services and facilities are provided to meet the special service requirements of the customers.
– Co-ordinate the airport operation of chauffeur-driven limousines for eligible customers after arrival, and open the Emirates arrival information desk.
– Monitor the arrival immigration problems, retrieve relevant documentation and report accordingly ensuring adherence to all procedures with regard to travel, immigration, and safety regulations. Monitor check-in including ‘queue-combing’ to keep customers informed of checking delays, identifying and giving priority to Premium customers, and ensuring service standards are maintained.
– Assist in, and if necessary, conduct, the preparation and completion of pre and post-flight documentation and statistical information / reporting to ensure all data is accurately accounted for.
– Provide cover in the absence of the senior team members during leave/sickness/training as directed by the Airport Services Officer or another senior colleague.
– Assist in dealing with problems such as delays, disruptions, excess baggage, or denied boarding including implementation of ‘Options’ within the guidelines provided by the Senior Staff on Duty in order to retain customers’ confidence and loyalty. Also, ensure eligible customers are provided with accommodation and transport as per applicable procedures.
– Assist with, and if necessary, conduct, check-in, boarding at the gates as per laid down procedures, provide announcements, and carry out hand baggage removal, handling of late-to-gate customers, flight coupon reconciliation, and headcount confirmation to ensure the safe and on-time departure of flights.
– Monitor baggage delivery performance against agreed standards, keeping customers informed about any delays or irregularities with their baggage to maintain an efficient baggage delivery service to customers and monitor file creation and quality of baggage services as per Emirates Standard Operating Procedure.
– Conduct duties in the Emirates lounge. Liaise with service providers and supervise contracted staff, overseeing catering, cleaning, and maintenance operations and ensuring service standards are met and maintained.
– The job holder will be expected to make decisions affecting operations on a day-to-day basis in line with applicable local procedures.
– The job holder will be required to work in all areas of the operation, supporting and overseeing, as necessary, check-in, boarding, ramp, lounge, and other areas of Airport Operations as directed by senior staff on duty.
– The job holder is also responsible for adhering to the relevant health and safety requirements and safe working practices applicable to their employment.
Qualifications & Experience
– Experience in providing exceptional customer service, ideally gained within the hospitality or travel industry.
– Must be skilled in customer service delivery, as well as possess good interpersonal and effective cross-cultural communication skills
– Quick learner with systems and experienced with the use of Microsoft Word/Excel and Outlook E-Mail advantageous
– High school level of education or equivalent Additional Requirements
– Only applicants with the legal right to work and live in New Zealand unrestricted will be considered.
– This position is required to work a rotating shift roster, which includes weekends, public holidays, and early morning/night shifts.
– The successful applicant must be able to obtain an Airport Identity Card (AIC) and meet local and foreign Government (U.A.E) requirements for international travel. Applicants who applied for position 220000TF / 220000WI Airport Services Agent AKL, need not reapply.
Salary & Benefits
Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays.