- Challenge yourself to make a difference in this technical role
- Base Maintenance in our Tamworth facility
- Competitive salary and industry benefits
Today, we’re busy planning for tomorrow. We look to the future to guide the way we innovate, helping us stay relevant and responsive in an always-evolving industry.
Our smaller businesses are an important part of the Qantas Group, so no matter where you fit in, we come together with pride to deliver the best and safest experience for our customers. Our experience sets us apart. Our team is made up of people who understand our business inside and out, fresh faces with brand new perspectives, and experts from different fields who challenge us to do things differently.
We are seeking expressions of interest from qualified AME’s with turboprop experience and AME’s for our Tamworth Base Maintenance.
As an AME, your day will see you performing maintenance activities on the Qantaslink turboprop fleet. This role will see you working with a range of specialist teams, enabling you to provide excellent engineering standards on a solid foundation of safety, quality, reliability, and service.
Successful candidates will have:
- Qualified AME’s with turboprop experience
- Qualified AME’s with sheet metal or specialist sheet metal experience highly desirable
- Have excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Have a proven commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement initiatives
- Have proven problem-solving skills and the ability to handle competing demands, particularly when under pressure and/or managing multiple stakeholders; and
- Hold a valid driving licence and ability to obtain an Airside Drivers Licence
Please note: Under the Qantas Group COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all Australia-based new employees of a Qantas Group entity must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate to Workday (our HR information system). There are different compliance dates for different workgroups under the policy. You will be provided with relevant information, including the compliance date during the recruitment process.
Applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia or New Zealand without restrictions or sponsorship.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace.