About our Engineering Team
The Jetstar Engineering Team are at the forefront of delivering our superior safety standards. They are responsible for ensuring the airworthiness of our fleet of aircraft, including completing all required maintenance that must be carried out on time and to approved standards to ensure they take to the skies safely. At every stage, all maintenance needs to be documented, detailed records maintained, with aircraft parts ordered and available at all times.
About the opportunity
As the AMO Production Planner your main focus will be to support planning of all scheduled maintenance requests from our Customer , Part 42 organisations. This involves ensuring that maintenance is completed as required per AMO Procedures/Policy, ensuring planned work matches labour capacity, and that all logistical elements are planned for. You will be part of a united team to plan and ensure the requested maintenance is completed on schedule.
As the AMO Production Planner your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Production Planning process to ensure seamless maintenance event execution – identify turn times, resource requirements (Manpower, Materials, Facility, GSE & Tooling), identify stakeholder requirements and constraints
- Through successful Production Planning initiatives drive continual excellence in safety, compliance, on time performance and AMO brand values
- Liaise and build relationships with key stakeholders from both the Part 145 and various Part 42 organisations
- Relentlessly seeking ‘new ways’ to meet customer needs and support the business to achieve critical business goals
- Implement new processes and procedures within the AMO Production Planning business, using identified critical business tools to drive, significant and sustainable long-term change, both in the Pre-Planning & Execution phases of maintenance
To be considered for this role, ideally you will have:
- Detailed understanding of Aircraft Line and overnight Maintenance Operations
- Aircraft trade certificate or tertiary qualification in an aviation stream
- Experience in an aircraft maintenance environment in a maintenance planning capacity,
- Have excellent troubleshooting andproblem solving abilities, and be capable to assess and interpret options and develop solutions
- Have excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate across all levels within a team
- Have proven people management skills
- Experience with TRAX and Microsoft Office
- The ability to work rotating shift patterns
- Be able to hold a valid AUS ASIC
- Continuous improvement training
- Project Management qualifications
- Exposure to a Maintenance Operations Centre environment
- Exposure to regulatory bodies
Please note: Under the Qantas Group COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all Australia-based new employees of a Qantas Group entity must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate to Workday (our HR information system). There are different compliance dates for different workgroups under the policy. You will be provided with relevant information, including the compliance date during the recruitment process.
The Jetstar Group is one of the largest low-cost airline groups in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown more than 300 million passengers since it launched in 2004. Collectively the Jetstar Group offers more than 5,000 (pre-COVID) flights a week to 58 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region. The Group operates a fleet of more than 90 aircraft, including Airbus A320-200, Airbus A321 and Boeing 787-8. Jetstar’s mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.