As an Assistant Flight Dispatch Coordinator, your role is critical to the success of the Jetstar business. You will perform Centralised Load Control and Flight Dispatch functions as an integral part of the 24/7 Jetstar Operations Control Centre.
You will be responsible for ensuring the functions of Load Control & Flight Dispatch are performed and maintained to a high standard of safety and efficiency in compliance with the requirements of the Company Operations Manual.
Reporting to the Manager Dispatch Operations (JOCC) key responsibilities include:
- Collate and distribute aircraft loading information in support of Jetstar Airways 787 operations and issue and approve the final load sheet for the flight.
- Ensure aircraft load is planned and distributed in accordance with company policy and approved aircraft limits, including the carriage of dangerous goods and special loads.
- Improve efficiency by maximizing cargo and passenger uplift and proactively work to maintain aircraft on-time performance.
- Maintain surveillance of operational aspects of en route and terminal conditions about ongoing suitability for company operations & air traffic flow management schemes.
- Provide company air/ground communication services and distribute operational messages.
- Interpret and monitor aviation weather forecasts, reports, and Airservices Australia operational information.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Intimate knowledge of airline operations and aviation legislation.
- Flight Dispatch license, PPL/CPL, previous Flight Dispatch experience, or aviation-related degree or diploma.
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- A highly motivated and committed attitude, with a self-managed drive to learn and continuously improve in accuracy, productivity, and efficiency.
- An upright personality that supports the outstanding team spirit within the close-knit Dispatch team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, while being a customer focussed.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- A combination of well-developed conceptual, analytical, and planning skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to Safety & Compliance as the number one priority.