The successful candidate will be part of the E-Ops Aircraft Support Team, E-Ops & Systems Department in the Flight Operations Division. Working as part of a team, he/she is expected to ensure the aircraft’s physical manuals and E-documents are maintained, and weekly digital data updates for aircraft are performed on time.
The E-Ops Aircraft Support Team is manned in shifts on a 24-hour rotation. The team is located at the airport, manning flights departing at Terminal 2 and Terminal 3, and is responsible for:
• responding to the aircraft call back from OCC;
• physical documentation and electronic manuals maintenance;
• rendering support for digital devices used by pilots in flight operations such as laptops and iPads; and
• any other ad-hoc duties assigned.
• NITEC/diploma in any discipline
• Possess valid Class 3 Driving Licence
• Must be able to engage with vendors and line engineers directly
• Must be motivated, driven, and a team player
• Able to work independently
• Basic knowledge of I.T. will be advantageous
• Must be adaptable and able to work under time pressure
• Physically fit