At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing India Engineering is currently looking for Struct & Payloads Engineer to join their team in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS), and Boeing Global Services (BGS) business organizations.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration and shall work with the Engineering Manager, Project lead & Aerospace Struct & Payloads expert to develop or optimize the designs, engineering process, analyze the supplier quality issues, support the development of cutting-edge technologies and digital initiatives.
- This position will be responsible to support Structural & Payloads of wide range of mechanical structures, systems and other Aircraft /Aerospace components.
- This position will be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with team members in Boeing organizations and shall provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- In this role, the Engineer will work independently or with minimum supervision to come up with conceptual and detailed designs based on the requirements. And Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- This position will participate and support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement etc.
- The Engineer is responsible for quality deliverables according to the standards/requirements and supports Boeing Quality Management System Process.
- This position will be located in Boeing India Engineering, Chennai, India.
Employers will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical or equivalent disciplines.
- 4-9 Years of relevant Work experience.
- Experience in Interiors & Payloads design/ Installation (Example – Emergency Equipment, Galleys etc…) & Structural design and Installation (Example – Floor Panels, Secondary Structures etc…), Flammability, material properties, awareness of Industry Standards Aircraft requirements, Design and certification.
- Experience in aerospace material selection, Detail, Assemble and Installation drawings, MBD – Model Based Definition creation), processes specifications, perform analyses like tolerance stack up, engineering or product quality investigation analyses.
- Experience of independently developing designs using CAD Tool CATIA for Modeling, Drafting & Model Based Definition is essential.
- Able to perform independently or with limited guidance from SME or tech fellow.
- Perform with positive attitude and highest work ethics.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience of design and development as part of New Product development process, redesigns and Inservice design investigations.
- Good written/Email and verbal communication. Leading discussions, speaking in telecom/videoconference, presentation via PowerPoint/WebEx.
- Basic understanding of aircraft certification processes and lifecycle.
- Experience in assigning GD&T and ability to understand the develop rationale for supplier designs and change proposals.
- Experience on use of PDM/PLM tool such as ENOVIA.
- Knowledge of Data analytics and awareness of programming languages like Python etc.,
- Able to verify accuracy of technical and non-technical data. Gathers relevant data for root cause analysis and produces changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 to 9 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 4-8 years’ related work experience etc.)