Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of yourself. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- Responsible for being a key reason why friends, family, and customers of American Airlines fly safely and on time.
- There are also opportunities for job growth and advancement, training, and working with many of the industry’s most talented aviation professionals.
What you’ll do
- An Aviation Maintenance Technician – Machinist will be able to perform operations, techniques, and all other facets and processes of advanced machining operations in accordance with manuals and procedures expected by American Airlines. An Aviation Maintenance Technician – Machinist will possess process knowledge about critical manual machining and CNC operations and programming.
- Certifies for the quality of his own workmanship, including signing mechanical flight releases, except signs mechanical flight release for all work done on field work.
- In those positions where stock chasers are not maintained and/or available at the time, he may chase his own parts.
- May have other Aviation Maintenance Technician – Machinist personnel assigned to assist him in completing an assignment.
- Works according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures and instructions from a Crew Chief or supervisor.
- Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures. Will communicate with other
- Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
- In addition to the above duties, performs the following duties as assigned: cleaning of aircraft windshields; connecting/removing ground power and ground start units; pushing out/towing of aircraft and related guide man functions.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid certificate of completion or its equivalent from an accredited Machinist Program, which includes training on both CNC and manual machines.
- Minimum of Twenty-four (24) months of verified, hands-on, machining experience in any combination of machine to include mill, lathe, grinder, or CNC. Must satisfactorily demonstrate his qualifications by successfully completing a test prior to acceptance into the Machine shop.
- Verifiable, hands-on experience of the actual time spent in the repair, maintenance, overhaul or manufacture of aircraft required
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days-off
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA)
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges
- This job is subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Your previous employers will be contacted to verify if you had any DOT drug violations and/or refusals to test for drugs or alcohol in the previous two year period. Your DOT required urine specimen will be tested for the following substances: Cocaine, Marijuana, PCP, Amphetamines and Opiates.
- Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members, we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities, and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential, and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.