Job Purpose :
Carries out and supervises Line/Base-level maintenance tasks on Air Arabia and 3rd party aircrafts within the CAR 66 ‘B2’ License Category, ensuring the required work is performed, certified and recorded accurately and timely in accordance with Air Arabia and regulatory requirements.
Key Result Responsibilities :
Operational Excellence :
- Reviews assigned task cards with the Maintenance Manager to gain full understanding of the work, priorities, documentation requirements and cautions, prior to starting work.
- Prepares and performs scheduled aircraft maintenance according to assigned task cards, ensuring that the required documentation, parts, tools and GSE are obtained and used per issued instructions.
- Carries out aircraft test and inspection tasks to the standard necessary to fully identify and record any defects or damage in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Performs defect troubleshooting and rectification in accordance with Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and instructions provided by Engineering Department.
- Signs off maintenance tasks performed or supervised within the scope of own authorisation, verifying that the task card and associated documents have been completed to the required standard following completion of all maintenance.
- Manages communications with other Engineers and Technicians related to the assigned tasks, ensuring proper coordination, continuity and handover of work.
- Manages the safety of assigned maintenance tasks, ensuring all published mandatory precautions are taken prior to commencing work and during task execution.
- Takes positive steps to protect self and other persons in the area of the maintenance activity from any possible injury, including the use of proper GSE and protective equipment.
- Manages human factors aspects of maintenance, ensuring that the continuity of critical maintenance tasks is protected, by avoidance of task interruption and the proper use of handover procedures.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages) :
External applicants :
- At least 2 years’ experience certifying maintenance on the Airbus A320 family of aircraft.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Base or Line Maintenance environment.