Boeing Qatar is looking to hire an experienced C-17 Aircraft Ground Support Technician to support operation efforts for the C-17 program at Al-Udeid AB, Qatar. The selected individuals will contribute to the operation of the C-17 Ground support effort. At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- Maintains complex equipment and systems by removing, replacing, repairing or upgrading components.
- Troubleshoots problems to isolate faulty components.
- Conducts complex functional tests by operating equipment and using appropriate test equipment.
- Performs a variety of inspections as required by equipment maintenance documents.
- Documents maintenance and inspection actions as required. Trains and resolves problems for less experienced technicians.
- Leads and directs the work of other technicians.
- Works with minimal direction.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Successful candidate should be able to troubleshoot problems to isolate faulty components and conduct complex functional tests by operating ground support equipment using appropriate test tools.
- Candidate should be able to perform a variety of inspections as required, and must be familiar with the documentation program.
- Candidate will also be required to perform very occasional aircraft engine preservation, palletized seats maintenance, and Air Transportable Galley/Lavatory (ATGL) maintenance on occasional basis with minimal or no directions.
- Life support shop experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of USAF Technical Orders and Forms and knowledge of transport aircraft maintenance programs is required.
- Have prior experience on US Air Force and/or Boeing maintaining aircraft Ground Support Equipment
- Experience with logistics and inventory management
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years’ related work, Bachelor, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position in Qatar. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll, and will commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable law. Employment is subject to the candidate s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award