Assists the Engineer to perform Base-level Cabin Appearance testing tasks for repairs and component replacement on Air Arabia and Third party aircrafts, performs and records required work accurately and timely in accordance with Air Arabia and regulatory requirements.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Reviews assigned task cards with the Cabin Appearance Engineer to gain full understanding of the work, priorities, documentation requirements and cautions, prior to starting work.
- Assists the Engineer to constantly verify and ensure compatibility and readiness of cabin appearance components as per approved standards and quantity to be used as and when needed.
- Prepares and performs scheduled component maintenance according to assigned task cards, ensuring that the required documentation, parts, tools and GSE are obtained and used per issued instructions.
- Carries out related test and inspection tasks to the standard necessary to fully identify and record any defects or damage in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Carries out cabin appearance assigned task cards fully in accordance with approved data and procedures and as directed by the Engineer-in-Charge.
- Ensures proper tooling / equipment is ready to perform tasks, returning all of it in good condition following completion of work.
- Regularly reports the status of assigned tasks to the Engineer-in-Charge and alerts him or her to any problems with component condition or with the execution of the work.
- Demonstrates high level of consideration to housekeeping standards in all tasks performed.
- Manages the safety of own assigned maintenance tasks, ensuring all published mandatory precautions are taken prior to commencing work and during task execution.
- Takes positive steps to protect self and other persons in the area of the maintenance activity from any possible injury, including the use of proper GSE and protective equipment.
- Pays attention to human factors aspects of maintenance, ensuring that work interruption procedures are followed and that adequate access and lighting is used for maintenance and inspections.
Reputation and Teamwork
- Internal Customer Service: provides helpful information and support to own team and to other department personnel involved with managing scheduled maintenance checks.
- Representing Air Arabia: presents a positive and competent image of technical professionalism to other companies’ personnel and ABY customers.
1. Maintains positive awareness to the cost of aircraft maintenance including use of time and materials.
2. Minimises unnecessary waste of consumable material and part repair cost by avoiding unnecessary damage and repeat work during maintenance.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Qualified and experienced Workshop Maintenance Technician.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to a good standard for technical communications.
- Ability to use computer (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to obtain UAE Driver’s License.
- At least 2 years’ experience performing maintenance on large commercial aircraft, preferably Airbus types.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Line or Base Maintenance environment.