The Mechanic reports to the License Aircraft Engineer/Lead Engineer and is responsible for the identification, maintenance, and rectification of cabin defects.
- Maintain Seats, Galleys, Toilets, Lights, Carpets and all other aircraft interior items under maintenance including their cleaning, inspection and repair.
- Aircraft cleaning of Cabin furnishing items, incl. seat cover replacement
- Carry out work in compliance with company, health and safety and airport procedures and regulations.
- Maintains a FOD free working area and cleans up bay area before and after work.
- Assures that all material, parts, tools, equipment and documentation is prepared at the beginning of the shift.
- Attends all aircraft as assigned.
- At the end of shift, ensures that the stand is clear/free of equipment, tooling and spares.
- Ensures that all unused serviceable and unserviceable items are returned to stores with the correct label attached.
- Maintains equipment and premises utilized by maintenance staff in a serviceable, clean and safe condition.
- Ensures that all items taken from stores are correctly labeled, before being delivered to the aircraft.
- Behaves in a manner which reflects a professional approach when dealing with customers.
- Keeps himself updated on new Technical Notices, Quality Notices issued, general and technical information
- Accepts appropriate training that will enable a more effective contribution.
- As appropriate, wear equipment provided by the company for health and safety reasons, and promote corporate image.
- Ensures that all work performed at Etihad and completed in accordance with its processes and procedures, is done in a safe manner.
- Familiar with, enforce and follow the procedures stipulated in the Safety & Quality Management Manual (SQMM) and become an active participant in the workplace safety program.
Education & Experience
- Essential: Extensive knowledge in Cabin Maintenance (Line, Light, Base or Workshop) gained over a period of 3 years in Aircraft / Aviation / Cabin Maintenance – with Formal Training.
- Hands on experience with premier cabin maintenance in wide body aircrafts preferably with 787/350 aircraft types.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 84 destinations with a fleet of over 100 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 682,000 tonnes of cargo in 2018.