About the role
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Cargo team in Chennai, India.
In this role, you are expected to Provide cargo operational functions including interaction with GHA for both import and export cargo. Secure proper operational support to enable the station to meet the cargo target. Identify needs and improve cargo service and operational performance for the station.
Key Accountabilities are:
- Liaising with local Ground Handling Agents and with Head Office Cargo department to ensure/enhance a high-quality service provided by QR both import and export.
- Support Import customers for clearance of their cargo, liaise with customs authorities to facilitate smooth and timely import clearance, liaise with HQ DOH and/or origin stations for necessary support.
- Flight planning with maximum utilization of the flight capacity, control and operation export & import. Maintain a close coordination between QR Space Control by ensuring their shipments are transferred, delivered on time, correct priority given to shipments and for maximum utilization of space on a/c.
- Coordination with Cargo Claims Supervisor at Head Office, handling of discrepancies at stations and in all administrative issues related to stations.
- Strict control and administration of ULD stock and cargo stationary in coordination with the GHA.
- To disseminate all cargo related information for updating customers regarding customs, governmental and health authorities’ rules and to HO to comply with regulations and to avoid penalties, destruction, etc.
- Ensure that notifications are sent officially on cargo arrival information, to Freight forwarders/ agents to ensure the cargo does not stay under airlines custody for long period, avoid damages and for space availability at the warehouse.
- Weekly, monthly or whenever deemed necessary services reports including preparation system accounting updates on every flight departure.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, the impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
To be successful in this role you will need.
- High school graduation or Higher education.
- Certification in Statistical studies / Certificate in computer applications – MS Office (Word, Excel Power Point and Access) preferred
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- 2-3 years in the airline/airfreight industry, out of which 1 year in the similar field will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in cargo sales will be an added advantage
- Awareness of TATA/TACT Regulations are preferred.
Please ensure your application includes a CV in the English Language.
About Qatar Airways Group:
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records, and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.