We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Cargo Sales team in Chennai, India as Cargo Sales Manager.
- Plan, direct and control all Selling and Marketing Activities of the station and penetrate the Local Market to secure new sources of revenue,Meet and/or exceed the set Cargo Revenue Targets.Assist RCM in preparing and controlling the Revenue and Cost Budget.
- Prepare a Business and Marketing Plan in order to optimize revenue opportunities and maximize QR’s presence in the market.
- Negotiate short, medium and long term pricing initiatives to mutual benefit which are consistent with the station’s revenue goals and pricing guidelines.
- Direct Sales Visits with Freight Forwarding community in local region
- Research and report other airline practices and recommend corrective action.
- Evaluate QR’s Market Share, traffic movements to/from the station and other airline practices. Identify areas of concern and instigate remedial action.
- Ensure QR’s participation in Sales Campaigns and Public Events, collecting Sales Leads for circulation to concerned departments and stations.
- Liaise with Marketing Department to obtain technical assistance.
- Analyze Key Market Data, i.e. CASS, World ACD, Local Airport, etc.Weekly Sales Reporting to RCM
- Monthly Sales Reporting to RCM
- To manage customer service data base for station customers.
- To ensure all agent / freight forwarder queries are answered with effective solutions on time.
- Monitor customer complaints for any trends and where appropriate initiate corrective action plan with respective areas responsible.
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.Oversee and supervise employees.
- Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Marketing and Sales experience
- Commercial acumen and ability to spot market and industry trends
- Knowledge of cargo operations
- 5 years of job-related experience required