About the job
- Challenge yourself in this fast-paced position
- Various positions available, ASU-9
- A great opportunity to work with a close-knit team
Your role and responsibilities will include the following;
Ensuring that all components of training scheduling required by Flight Training are planned and scheduled for both internal and external customers in an efficient and cost-effective way.
This broad spectrum role will involve analytical forecasting and effective communication between multiple stakeholders.
In addition to this, you will be working closely with the Manager of Ground Training Scheduling and key stakeholders to find scheduling efficiencies, improve processes, and drive project implementation.
You will be responsible for work teams as and when required and escalate training issues or compliance risks to Manager Flight Training Support as they arise.
Finally, you will ensure that all training requirements are scheduled in accordance with regulatory, company, and industrial policy.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under pressure
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities and competing deadlines
- A lateral thinker with good coordination skills
- Excellent communication skills through all levels of management
- Proven analytical and problem-solving prowess
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to a high-performing team
- Develop, document, and manage processes to effectively deliver results to key stakeholders
- Operational experience in Aircrew Operations
- Commitment to develop & seek continuous improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of current Industrial Relations & commercial issues which impact resourcing & scheduling
- Extensive scheduling experience high desirable
- Understanding crew Enterprise Agreements and work rules is highly desirable
- High level of computer literacy
- Proficiency in Qantas systems (ARMS, TRIM) is preferable