Why you’ll love this job
- American is looking for a goal-oriented Customer Service Manager (CSM) who wants to elevate their experience, knowledge, and network within the company. With our leadership program, you will be able to develop yourself to be the best leader you want to be in the American organization.
- CSMs must ensure a safe, high performing operation by leading, engaging, coaching and developing the front-line team members. You will be supporting your teams’ effort by creating a safe, reliable operation while delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Also, being energized by a fast-paced dynamic environment and passionate about safety, teamwork, leadership, and delivering a quality product to our customers, front-line, and vendors.
- CSMs must enable an environment that develops our front-line team members and fosters mutual respect, trust, responsibility, and core values while connecting people and improving lives during our day-to-day operation.
- This job is a member of the Airports Team within the Customer Experience Division.
What you’ll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations
- Drives operational excellence while keeping a safety-conscious environment that promotes end-to-end exceptional customer service, resulting in employee and customer safety and well-being
- Be a safety advocate: Look for safety concerns and address them as needed
- Establish team and individual goals in support of departmental and company objectives; Coaches and mentors frontline team members in skill development, customer service elevation and company culture behaviors
- Establishes and promotes effective relationships with team members that fosters compassion, authenticity, integrity, respect and dignity
- Effectively allocates resources and provides appropriate support to enable teams to deliver on operational goals in a safe manner
- Ensure the ongoing safety and reliability of our operation by conducting self-audits, observations, root cause investigations and other related safety engagements
- Promote effective communication among departments to engage our team to work together to achieve common goals
- Familiarity with Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) and ensure team members adhere to corporate policy/procedure
- Embrace the core values: (Passion, commitment, efficiency, reliability, dependability, optimism, honesty, positivity, and loyalty
- Manage escalated service issues and be visible to your team members when problems arise
- Deliver key corporate and local information to frontline leaders in an efficient and effective manner. Set the expectations and ensure team members understand the why behind the focus/criticality
- Ability to learn and apply union contract rules/regs in daily interactions with frontline team members and local union leaders
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Previous airport customer service experience
- 2 years experience leading others
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and functional automation applications
All you’ll need for success
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to bring out the best performance in the workforce through proactive employee engagement and support for an inclusive working environment
- Ability to actively listen – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Critical thinking ability – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to monitor and assess performance of self, team members and the operation to make improvements or take corrective action
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively\
- Ability to work under demanding operational conditions
- Ability to prioritize and execute with a sense of urgency and preciseness
- Ability to use sound business judgment to resolve issues with internal and external customers
- Ability to coordinate station activities and collaborate with multi-functional departments and agencies to ensure essential needs are met for a safe, efficient, on-time operation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Has USPS clearance or the ability to obtain USPS clearance. USPS has a five-year United States residency requirement
- Ability to work extra hours when there are operational needs
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more.