Job Description Summary
Reporting to the DOWTY Propeller Production Supervisor, you will support GE Aviation’s customers by conducting industry’s best practice repair and overhaul on DOWTY propeller systems. You will conduct OEM-directed maintenance on DOWTY propeller system platforms in a component workshop including De Havilland Aircraft Dash 8-400, Fokker 50, Leonardo’s C27J and Lockheed Martin C130 Hercules.
- Perform on-site Propeller systems maintenance inclusive of repairs, modification installation and preventative maintenance
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customers within the parameters of formal technical documents
- Provide ‘Hands On’ technical assistance to GE manufacturing and repair facilities to support output requirements
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line and aftermarket contractual obligations.
- Train and oversee apprentices and less experienced team members.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, supporting quotations, and capturing sales and cost avoidance opportunities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of, and adhere to, the Site Quality, Safety Management and EH&S policies and other compliance requirements. Bring forward for resolution any identified risks utilising provided systems.
- Maintain strong International Trade compliance regulations aligned to GE requirements
- Provide all customers (internal and external) with timely and accurate responses to queries covering all relevant GE Systems products.
- Utilize provided tools to track and maintain customer queries to closure.
- Other duties as and when required.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills – Mechanical/Avionics or equivalent.
- A track record of delivering high level customer service.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability train people and prepare technical reports.
- Successful experience working in a small team.
- Knowledge and experience working in accordance with civil/military regulatory frameworks
- A commitment to a healthy, safe and compliant work environment.
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in the maintenance and repair of propellers in both a workshop and field environment.
- Sound project and time management skills.
- Proven ability to use initiative, solve problems and implement improvements in the workplace.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No