- Exciting role with the opportunity to make an impact on continuing airworthiness requirements for our fleet of aircraft
- Permanent role located at Perth Airport
- Shift work
Our smaller businesses are an important part of the Qantas Group so no matter where you fit in we come together with pride to deliver the best and safest experience for our customers. Safety is our first priority. Our organisation wide commitment means every individual takes responsibility for creating a safe and healthy workplace for our customers, suppliers, assets, operations and the wider community.
We see it as our responsibility to take ownership and drive outcomes, taking the organisation forward. We understand our priorities and what needs to be delivered, taking the initiative to keep things moving. We bring teams and individuals together to deliver on our customers’ expectations.
Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance Planning & Operations, the Maintenance Watch Engineer will provide effective day-to-day oversight and notification of engineering issues that relate to the fleet’s operational status. You will maximise aircraft availability by providing guidance to company operations and flight crew regarding continuing airworthiness requirements during all phases of flight and ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements.
As the first point of contact for all reportable defects your role will include monitoring and reviewing all defects that have implications for the customer experience, with reference to the product failure punctuality guide, and communicate requirements to the Regional Operations Centre (ROC). You will also monitor the technical status of aircraft and systems on the day of operations and by using of your in-depth knowledge, investigate and provide direction for the resolution of any aircraft defects.
- Experience as a senior LAME with a minimum of five years in a Line or Base Maintenance environment or a higher level of aircraft engineering and maintenance experience.
- Hold a CASA Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence, rated on the Fokker F100 and/or Airbus A320 aircraft (or similar aircraft in the B1/B2 category).
- Strategic and analytical thinker with proven problem-solving and time management skills, particularly when under pressure.
- High level of computer skills in Microsoft Office and familiarity with maintenance information systems such as the IAS and Trax software packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality, and process compliance
- Experience with the management of AOG Recovery of aircraft.
- Ability to work as part of a team to produce safe, compliant and desirable outcomes on behalf of the business.
Applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restrictions or sponsorship
Please note: Under the Qantas Group COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all Australia-based new employees of a Qantas Group entity must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate to Workday (our HR information system). There are different compliance dates for different workgroups under the policy. You will be provided with relevant information, including the compliance date during the recruitment process.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.
Building on more than 100 years of history and experience, QantasLink is a consolidated network of regional airlines that connects passengers and communities across Australia. QantasLink is made up of four subsidiary organisations – Eastern Airlines, Sunstate Airlines, National Jet Systems and Network Aviation. Operating as an end-to-end airline, QantasLink harnesses the strength of its regional partnerships and a strong sense of family, to provide meaningful career paths for its more than 2,500 people with opportunities that might take you to exciting destinations across QantasLink or the Qantas Group.