About the job
Job Description Summary The Engineer – Life Management demonstrates a technical expertise in executing projects to achieve program goals within the program schedule and processes. In this role, you will work in a cross-functional team engaged in GE Aviation commercial engines like GEnx, GE9X, GE90, and GP. You will be responsible for engine critical parts to certify safe and competitive life limits for the entire product life cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will report to Life Management Sub- Section Manager, Services Engineering & EMS India, BEC, JFWTC Bangalore. You will be responsible for engine critical parts to certify safe and competitive life limits for the entire product life cycle. Additionally, you need to contribute to resolving field issues, enable repairs and serviceable limits. You will interface with other teams such as Life Cycle Engineering (LCE), Services Engineering, Systems, Projects, FAA, and EASA based on business needs.
- Execute critical parts life management programs, repairs and serviceable limits using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Collaborate and Communicate with all stakeholders on project status, business issues and significant developments as appropriate.
- Contribute to Life Management Digital play book.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate clear thinking, strong technical articulation, manage hand-offs between different organizations.
- Foster and inspire a collaborative work style and display team-oriented behavior with a proactive example of communication internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Aviation Engines and Turbo machinery Engineering position (design, analysis, systems, services)
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Strong Design creativity and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Knowledge of LCF, fracture mechanics, field failures and manufacturing processes
- Experience with engine field problem resolution
- Familiarity with aircraft flight operations, engine performance, thermal and stress analysis
- Exposure to FAA requirements for life limited parts
- Strong oral and written communication skills