At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently looking for an Experienced Propulsion Service Engineer – Engines to join the Propulsion Engineering Team located in Bangalore, India.
The primary responsibility in this role will be addressing and resolving in-service issues related to propulsion systems (Engines). In this role, you will also be tasked with: working directly with airline customers to analyze propulsion system issues, writing technical documents to inform airline customers of status/resolution, monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. The position requires flexibility to address emergent issues and important airline meetings off-hours and may require an occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing. In addition, this person will be self-motivated and willing to work in a highly dynamic, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the product life-cycle.
- Leading research of technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Designing and/or providing analysis of interim and final engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service.
- Working with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformance
- Assesses complex system events reports to determine potential safety issues.
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Writes documentation of hardware related problems.
- Participates in activities for on-site disabled product repair teams.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Solves problems and provides other support of fielded hardware over the entire product life-cycle.
- Works with others to develop program test strategies.
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
- Uses various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance.
- Defines and performs certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components.
- Supports fielded systems to assure continued reliability.
Employers will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering with 8 to 11 years of Experience.
- 5+ years of industry-related experience within Mechanical, Structural, Payloads, Design, or Production engineering.
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 on-call rotation environment to support the needs of the customer.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Previous aerospace or aviation industry experience.
- Possess good general knowledge of Propulsion Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge of Airplane operating environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to effectively work with diverse teams.
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in support of key milestones and aircraft delivery or return to service schedules.
- Good communication skills and ability to clearly communicate complex scenarios with internal and external customers as required.
- Self-motivated and has an airplane level-oriented mindset.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong customer service attitude
- Willingness to expand into technical areas without prior experience
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 8 to 11 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master + 7 years related work experience)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award