- Understand our customers who travel with us – whether regular flyers or customers who’ve never flown before.
- Easily build rapport and trust in a team and positively contribute to the team’s performance.
- Be adaptable to any situation that may present itself in a sensible, warm and safe way.
- Appreciate cultural diversity and sensitivity towards customers who may need extra help, such as children travelling alone, nervous flyers or people who may not have English as their first language.
- Take a caring approach when offering our customers food, beverages and any other assistance they may need on-board.
- Understand the importance of hygiene standards in-flight so all areas of the cabin are clean and fresh for our customers.
- Be trained and confident in aircraft safety procedures and first aid when needed
- Height between 163 – 183 cm.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Australian or New Zealand permanent resident.
- A valid passport with unrestricted access to all Qantas destinations with at least 12 months validity.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate with a validity of 12 months at time of application.
- Current CPR accreditation (The CPR component is only valid for 12 months and a refresher course must be completed if expired).
- Responsible Service of Alcohol ‘Statement of Attainment’, from a Nationally Accredited Provider which you would need to have by the end of the recruitment process.
- Strong commitment to customer service and recent experience in a face-to-face role.
- Demonstrated empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries.
- Be an energetic, proactive and resourceful individual.
- Be a team player with the ability to build consistent and sustained working relationships.
- An excellent level of health and fitness, including the ability to swim 50 metres fully clothed and tread water for 3 mins unassisted.
- Experience in Food and Beverage service is an advantage.
- Proficiency in additional languages is advantageous.