- Check cabin before take-off to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Give the “safety” presentation in a well-prepared manner. Welcome travelers on board and help them to their seats when necessary.
- Understand the duties of the assigned position during flight.
- Ensure the satisfaction of passengers by answering questions and offering them assistance.
- Monitor the cabin frequently for the entire duration of the flight. Adhere to established regulations and procedures. Remain calm and offer assistance to passengers in the event of an emergency.
- Give particular attention to passengers with special needs (children, disabled, elders etc.) Prepare accurate reports concerning any significant issues.
- Serve food and beverages and sell products.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive Salary. Flying Hours, Per Diem, Medical & Social Insurance, Transportation.
- Age from 21 to 28 without experience up to 32 with experience.
- Minimum height of 160 cm and weight must be proportional to Height.
- Minimum arm reach 212 cm to be able to reach the emergency equipment.
- University Graduate.
- Medically Fit to meet aircrew requirements. Fluency in English, knowledge of additional languages is a strong advantage.
- Customer-oriented approach. Professional and Presentable appearance.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Cool tempered and patient with efficiency in resolving issues.