Performs repairs, preventative maintenance, inspections, and diagnostics tests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform preventive maintenance on company vehicles and equipment. Check tires and adjust fluid levels; change oil, repair tires, change belts, replace light bulbs and batteries; and check major components and systems and overall working conditions of the equipment.
2. Complete repairs on large equipment
- Cleans up work areas including shop and tools, fuels, vehicles and equipment as needed.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Normal setting for this job is: Inside and outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance and repair techniques
- Mechanical or trade school certification preferred, or one-year minimum working in a shop environment
- Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment
- Computer skills as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 18 years old
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds;
- Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, strong odors, dust, and fumes.
- Exposure to chemical and lavatory waste