Head, Operational Maintenance
Head, Maintenance Engineering
OPS – Engineering & Maintenance
E&M – Line Maintenance
Plan and control daily aircraft operations related to technical matters to ensure minimal disruptions to the planned flight schedules of the company and contracted customer airlines, in accordance with aircraft airworthiness and safety requirements as specified by the relevant airworthiness authorities.
1) Implement a yearly departmental business plan to align with the company’s directions and operational targets.
2) Establish mid and long-term manpower development and requirements to accommodate the current and future workload.
3) Plan and control aircraft engineering services and support to meet the on-time performance of aircraft turnaround.
4) Appoint and monitor the technical handling agent to perform the engineering support and services for relevant stations.
5) Plan and control financial performance against set targets for the department and examine the causes of variance to take corrective/preventive actions for any major adverse variances.
6) Plan and control an effective setup of monitoring aircraft defects, delays, and other service incidents to enable quick and urgent engineering decisions.
7) Plan and control a maintenance control center to manage the daily operational constraint.
8) Plan and control an effective setup of providing and delivering aircraft free of cabin defects.
Qualification & Experience
Degree in any related discipline with at least 10 years of working experience in Aircraft Engineering Maintenance
Skills & Knowledge
Airline operations and support systems.
Engineering and Airline business.
Computer and IT literate.
1. Meet internal and external customers’ expectations for support services at the optimum cost compared to world best practices.
2. Continuous improvement and quality management.
3. Ensure personnel is appropriately trained to a competent level and at high productivity levels.