To manage the 24/7 catering operations at Abu Dhabi for schedule, cargo, and charter flights providing operational and communications ensuring EASC is delivering all services and food products that are designed by Culinary Standards. Ensuring that it’s in line with Etihad Airways galley and equipment loading plan, food safety standards, and Halal standards. This role requires International travel to all existing and future ports for Etihad Airways.
- Responsible for the management and facilitation of seamless communications between Etihad and EASC especially for operational and performance activities including VIP requests, unscheduled operations, double-catered flights, Adhoc return loading requests, and coordinates all communications for all stakeholders.
- To track and measure EASC performance against agreed metrics through the use of on-site audits, offload checks, OCR reports, and feedback from other departments, airport teams, and guests. Monitory trends and develop Corrective Action Plans with EASC to address issues and improve performance
- Point of contact for Etihad including GSD, GE, Brand and Training Academy/CBC and coordinates with the team for all delivers including to HQ, planned crew CCI wet run and FJ required, coordinates requirements around any visits to EASC
- Point of contact for all HUB related investigations including cabin safety reports (CSR) by investigating with internal stakeholders and EASC, collecting information, and responding to the reports
- Works collaboratively with Culinary in terms of menu changes, beverages, special festive menus, and Ramadan menu implementation which includes coordination between the internal and external stakeholders. Coordinates all the changes with EASC and printed menu/wine list are updated
- Manage all changes to onboard product specifications, including participation in working groups for new product launches
- Ensure all CPGs are correct and approved by Culinary Standards prior to being sent to the UPP menu printer including off-cycle menu requirements for charters. All menu cards and CPGs to be distributed to all stakeholders prior to menu change including crew intranet
Education & Experience
- Diploma/Degree Level Education, BSC Hotel and Catering Degree an advantage with excellent written and verbal communications skills, English as first or second language desirable
- Minimum of 7 years of airline experience with at least 4 years in the Airline Catering Environment.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty program, and more. Etihad is recognized as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonization.