At British Airways, we take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are.
If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
British Airways is looking for a highly-motivated and experienced expert in food safety to join the Global Catering Operations in the key role of Inflight Safety Executive.
As our expert, you will be responsible for:
- Management of a third-party audit provider and governance of the global audit scheme, including financial accountability.
- Delivery of food safety risk management and compliance via investigations and board reporting.
- Legal compliance of packaged foods for our inflight retail products.
- Leading the risk management process for all procurement processes such as RFIs & RFPs.
- New supplier approval with safety & security compliance ahead of start-ups.
We welcome candidates who can demonstrate:
- Extensive experience of working in either food manufacturing, retail, catering or within an enforcement environment.
- Food safety auditing experience, ideally with previous experience of managing the performance of technical suppliers/3rd party audit providers.
- Knowledge of effective food allergen management systems, including labelling requirements, with respect to allergic consumer protection.
- Experience of investigating complex food safety related consumer complaints.
- Experience of working internationally.
You will need:
- Strong networking & communication skills towards multifunctional stakeholders
- An ability to convey complex scientific subject matter in a simple manner.
- To demonstrate proactive self-direction with a high level of initiative and persistence, and a hands-on approach to results delivery.
- The ability to apply critical thinking, recognize patterns and develop solutions.
British Airways prides itself on being Safe & Secure always. As part of your risk management and compliance role, you will also be responsible for Aviation Security Management of our Caterers. If you already have Aviation Security experience or training, that would be considered beneficial, however full aviation security training will be given. This role provides a great opportunity to learn alternative methods of risk management & mitigation with many similarities to the TACCP & VACCP approach.
Candidates will ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a food science or related subject. You will also hold a Lead Auditor qualification and Advanced (level 4) HACCP certificate.
The role is a full-time role and may require frequent international travel to visit Catering Suppliers.
Our Corporate roles come with the potential to really make your mark on our business. The airline industry changes so fast that we’re constantly evolving and finding new ways to impress customers and get ahead of our competitors. If you’re a confident communicator and love working with international suppliers, you will be in your element at British Airways.
Not only will you have the chance to further your career development within British Airways, you’ll also have the opportunity to make full use of our perks when you join – Competitive Pension, Flexible Working, Discretionary Benefits – Discounted flights, Death in Service, Brand discounts, Airport Parking, Private Medical Cover, Dental and Critical Illness Cover, Discounted health club memberships…plus more!