What you’ll be doing:
The Inflight Systems and Planning Lead will focus on the discipline of data management from Costs, Packaging Metrics, Naming, and Weights, just to name a few. Forward planning is essential for producing aircraft Galley Plans, which has a huge impact on the Cabin Crew and Catering. This is a data center role, where you will make sure all systems talk to each other and have the right information. Our 3 systems are Oracle, Touchpoint, and the tour Retail system, which is coming soon.
- You will update product information, pricing, and menu cycles
- Establish a working governance group around Galley Planning, with the aim of ensuring alignment between all parties in a structured format
- Generate and publish catering weights to the Flight Operations Engineering Team
- Maintain the Master Item List in Oracle – this includes creating new items, updating existing items
- Ensure Galley Plans are created in the most simplistic format with a one-size-fits-all approach for cabin crew and caterers
- Work at the catering facility to ensure Packing Plans have the most up-to-date photos uploaded into the system
- You will not be coding information into the systems – but you will input the information with very strong attention to detail
- You will work with a large number of stakeholders, including Product, Finance, Logistics, and Operations.
- Investigate, develop, and support any technical solutions and processes that will drive continuous improvement across the business.
- Identify any gaps between the relevant systems and implement robust solutions to ensure the delivery of service excellence.
- Forecast and maintain quarterly BPA requirements for all VA (Virgin Australia) owned items based on consumption and update the Treasury team.
Who we’re looking for:
- Highly analytical individual
- 100% accuracy, impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work with multiple systems and ensure the best efficiency
- A strong understanding of the aviation industry or catering industry is advantageous
- Ability to work with stakeholders from the technology department to create business improvements/ system improvements
- Process mapping experience/ change management experience/ project management experience
- Cabin Crew or Catering experience/ an understanding of galley planning requirements is desirable