The Lead Aircraft Mechanic is responsible for carrying out maintenance tasks on Emirates and third party aircraft components in accordance with laid down procedures and regulations. The Lead Aircraft Mechanic will work as part of a team under the direction and guidance of the assigned Licensed Engineer within the trade disciplines for which they have been trained.
- – Generic
- – To carry out routine servicing tasks as required in accordance with component maintenance manual procedures, observing all safety procedures and manufacturers/company regulations.
- – To complete any component replacement and other maintenance activities as directed by immediate supervisor. This will include the ability to obtain and understand Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), Illustrated Parts catalogue (IPC) or other approved documentation required to carry out this task.
- – To effectively use any specialised tooling or test equipment that may be required as part of the checking, testing, replacement or servicing of a system or component. The ability to understand the need for such equipment as referenced in the component manufacturers manuals is essential.
- – A complete knowledge of the airport authoritys regulations regarding Airside Driving and aircraft movements may be a requirement depending on the work discipline. This will include the safe movement around aircraft on the ramp/in base including an understanding of all signs and road markings of working in such an environment if required in this area of operation.
- – The ability to communicate at various levels and to liaise with other areas over technical issues in order that all relevant parties are aware of the aircrafts serviceability status.
- – An understanding of the company documentation is essential where it is required that mechanics sign for tasks action on routine documentation.
- – To ensure the maintenance of tools, equipment and systems (including ultramain) in the relevant work place.
- – Maintain and ensure the safety of self and others by taking safety precautions at all times, continuously monitoring the working area and taking corrective action to keep it clean and obstruction free to avoid any accidents. – Specific job accountabilities for Emirates Flight Training Academy (EFTA)
- – To complete maintenance and servicing activities for the Academys fleet in order to directly contribute to the safety and airworthiness of the academys operation.
- – To assist in the recovery of an AOG across EFTA operation including diversionary airfields.
- – Support the line operation of EFTA aircraft as required by operational needs to ensure the training programme is maintained and that aircraft are clean and prepared for departure.
Qualifications & Experience
- Vocational or Diploma (12+2 or equivalent)
- Engineering.Maintenance Control : 3+ Years
- – National / Higher National Diploma (12+2 or equivalent) or Apprenticeship in Mechanical, Electronic, Avionics or Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent training with a reputable airline or an approved maintenance organisation.
- – Experience carrying out maintenance on aircraft in an engineering environment.
- – An in depth knowledge of maintenance safety, human factors and general engineering practices is an essential requirement.
- – Must be able to hold a valid Airport Driving Permit as required.
- – Safety Sensitive role- Yes
- – Leadership role: No