Lead Engineer – Airline Technical Support
Airline Technical Support Engineers work directly with Airlines and Airline support managers to resolve technical issues on all Collins nacelle products for our global airline customers across all IATA regions.
- Provides time-bound technical support including technical inquiry resolution, product updates, and maintenance troubleshooting to airline customers
- Collaborates with other Aftermarket support functions i.e., AMTS, MRO & SPARES to ensure coordinated customer response for both technical and commercial solutions
- Ensures strict compliance to Aftermarket departmental procedures, company policies, export requirements, including compliance to all applicable export control requirements
- Be able to Interface directly with airline personnel at all levels to ensure exceptional customer experience when required
- Maintains a high degree of reliability and accuracy in all communications with Airlines, MROs, OEMs, Suppliers, and other key stakeholders
- Ensures strict compliance to Aftermarket departmental procedures, Company policies, Export requirements, including compliance to all applicable export control requirements
- Reports into Aftermarket technical services manager and supports in driving organization’s aftermarket vision of the best aerospace systems company in the worlds
- Works with the globally diverse aftermarket team of highly skilled engineers and will be at the forefront of driving airline customer experience.
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Mechanical engineering or Aeronautics with 6 to 12 years of experience in a customer facing role or similar role.
- Possess nacelle components knowledge and understands technical manuals (AMM, SRM, CMM, SBs, ADs, etc.)
- Able to read engineering drawings, materials, and process specifications,
- Able to communicate effectively with the airline customers and understand customer requirements
- Able to make presentations to senior leadership
- Flexible in working hours to collaborate with global teams at different time zone
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Able to travel when circumstances permit at a short notice
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Background
- TeamCenter, SharePoint, SAP, CATIA experience
- Analytical skills including tools such as: Excel, Power BI, Tableau or other data analytical software
- Experience with CRM software: MS Dynamic or other software
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma or ACE
- Flexible and motivated with strong relationship building skills – internally and externally with both customers and suppliers