All applicants must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents in order to be considered. Sponsorship is not available.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking expressions of interest for Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, B1 or B2 or LAME B1/B2 for Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth.
Ideal candidates will;
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect aircraft systems and manage aircraft maintenance inputs in/out of the base station.
- Perform and document all work as per the regulations as required.
- Liaise with customers and their representatives.
- Ensure that all work carried out during maintenance is certified in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures. Where not completed, the deferrals will be reported to the operator
- Identify and take necessary actions as defined by company procedures regarding Critical Maintenance Tasks and CDCCL items
- Carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and ensure that all applicable airworthiness and regulatory requirements are complied with
- Check that product release and customer requirements are complied with before issuing the required Certificate of Release to Service (CRS)
- Sign off OJT for colleagues for which he is suitably qualified when requested
- Reporting of hazards, incidents, and occurrences through the delegated reporting process in a timely manner to ensure safety, security, and quality of the product is assured;
- Upon notification of any AD, SB, or SIL that may affect future and/or current maintenance, assist in determining the cost implications
- Interpret and work with engineering drawings and provide accurate reports
- Effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual tasks and/or aircraft status
- Use standard / special tools and operate ground support equipment
- Train and use information systems such as SAP
- Provide time estimates and monitor efficiency, to ensure that scheduled man-hours are not exceeded, and coordinate overtime requirements with the Operations Manager
- Ensure that all incomplete tasks are handed over at the end of each shift in accordance with the approved procedures.
- Hold a valid CASA and/or EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License: B1 and/or B2 or B1/B2 with the applicable Aircraft types endorsed on the license (Learjet, Challenger 300, Challenger 600, Challenger 850, and Global).
- Alternatively, you have a CASA/EASA CAR/Part-147 approved type training (B1/B2) on our aircraft (Learjet, Challenger 300, Challenger 600, Challenger 850, and Global)
- Will have a minimum of 3 years of experience as Cat B1 and/or Cat B2 certifier.
- Involved in at least 6 months of actual relevant aircraft maintenance experience in any consecutive 2-year period
- Up-to-date understanding of the requirements of Part-66
- Working knowledge of Part-42, Part-145, and any other relevant regulations
- Hold a valid Driver’s License (Automatic/Manual transmission)
- Minimum of 2 years of line and/or base maintenance experience on our aircraft
- Up-to-date training requirements (recurrent/continuation training)
- Qualified to perform engine runs and taxiing aircraft – advantageous
The successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment medical, AOD screening (adhere to DAMP policy), and police checks.
Bombardier is committed to providing a safe working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its people and our customers. Proof of COVID Immunisation status must be provided.