About the role
As Aircraft Mechanic, you are responsible for the delivery of aircraft maintenance services in London Heathrow for Qatar Airways. You will support all operational requirements under the supervision of the Station Maintenance Manager. You will perform all maintenance and related activities in accordance with the company/customer procedures and aircraft maintenance data.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
• Advises and assists the Duty Engineer on the aircraft and in the technical documentation to ensure that all relevant information is captured correctly in a timely and accurate manner.
• Complies with the company Health, Safety, and Environmental Standards and Regulations.
• Ensures all equipment and tools are serviceable prior to use.
• Examines and inspects aircraft, engines, and other aircraft components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
• Services and cleans moving parts and performing tasks on aircraft.
• Provides support in case of AOG in LHR and on other operational requirements within certain regions where Qatar Airways operates.
• Travels to the station for aircraft recovery as required.
• Performs Line Maintenance services to customer airlines according to a contract executed between Qatar Airways and Operators. Complies with customs procedures.
• Maintains Line store as per Qatar Airways
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, the impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
Qualifications – External
As a successful candidate, you will have the following qualifications
• Degree/ Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance/ Trade or vocational aircraft maintenance qualification
• Relevant experience as an Aircraft Mechanic, with at least 3 years working on modern jet aircraft.
• In-depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals.
• Able to perform tasks and duties independently
• Strong communication skills
• Able to work with high-volume activities within a 24/7 pattern.
• Good exposure to operational and tactical decision-making.
• Able to prioritize sequential completion of task and process.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records, and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.