Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise, and become the best version of yourself. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and professional lives and hop on board!
What you’ll do
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU) / Internation Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) – Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The work of the Mechanic Plant Maintenance – Facilities classification includes the following:
- Lay-out, planning and execution of the complex maintenance assignments requiring the skills of one or more of the maintenance trades, such as electrician, electronics technician, plumber, steamfitter, carpenter, painter, millwright, heating and air-conditioning or other similar skilled journeyman trades.
- Such duties shall include, among others, the necessary sequence of operations to trouble shoot, disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, assemble, install and adjust any building component, plant equipment, machinery, accessories, parts, etc., and explaining work procedures to personnel assigned to assist in such work.
- Works according to Company regulations and procedures and instruction from Crew Chief or supervisor.
- Completes forms connected with his work assignments according to established procedures and will communicate with other Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
All you’ll need for success
- High School diploma or GED
- Thirty-six months (36) or more journeyman experience in one or more maintenance trades such as a carpenter, electrician, HVAC, millwright, painter, plumber, or welder
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance to AA Safety Guidelines
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
- Valid state driver’s license
- Possess the applicable state or city license
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
Inclusion and diversity are the foundations of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. From the team members, we hire to the customers we serve, our 20+ employee business resource groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities, and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential; and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself in America.