- The job holder handles his/her duties independently within the framework of responsibilities and boundaries identified with this role and in accordance with standard practices.
- Consults with Line Manager on any critical or AOG activities & any non-routine actions prior to executing; all duties shall be performed through proper channel and in compliance with adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Develops long-term/short-term maintenance plans for Air Arabia fleet maintenance based on the Approved Maintenance Program and any other documents issued by CAMO engineering services.
- Executes maintenance activities forecasting in company MIS (AMOS) in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Creates any scheduled and unscheduled line maintenance/ base maintenance /workshops/third party work packages and coordinate with all responsible stake holders in line with the procedures laid down in company manuals.
- Prepares, coordinates and schedules all short term maintenance requirements working closely with line maintenance and MCC departments.
- Coordinates, create, plan and verify third party maintenance work packages.
- Responsible for effective package creation, issuance of preloads ,gnatt charts and any other support required for check execution.
- Maintains a system of monitoring and control of the maintenance program to ensure that the maintenance schedules are executed timely and according to approved practices. This includes report-back maintenance events carried out within an approved time frame given in the company procedures.; providing complete check analysis post completion of major checks (including “A” check);
- Develop monthly/quarterly/half yearly and yearly man hour forecast vs man hours utilised reports.
- Coordinates with Stakeholders to develop maintenance capacity plan and manage scheduled/unscheduled maintenance activities taking into consideration the agreed parameters (calendar, hours, cycles), cost and business needs, overlaps, unforeseen circumstances as well as emergencies.
- Coordinates with Technical Procurement team to ensure all tools, spare parts and components prior to scheduling or planning any maintenance activity on Air Arabia fleet or third party entity.
- Monitors tasks completion versus Engineers checks requests in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- Schedule compliance of airworthiness directives as well as non-mandatory service bulletins and modifications issued by CAMO engineering.
- Provides necessary assistance in the aircrafts lease/sublease process through technical evaluation of aircrafts.
- Coordinates with respective parties in Engineering, Finance and Legal to ensure smooth processing as per agreed terms and conditions and approved regulations.
- Provide feedback to CAMO engineering services to enhance, improve or increase efficiency of any maintenance related documents.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- University Degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical/Aerospace/Industrial or equivalent.
- Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience.
- Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
- Capable of using technology systems & tools; proficient in Microsoft suite and MRO systems.
- Excellent command over both written and verbal communication skills: reporting, presentations, etc.
- Fluent in English Language.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Aviation industry, 4 of which as “Planning Engineer” or in a similar capacity,
- Experience with Airbus A320 aircraft is preferred.
- Experienced in aircraft planning systems, procedures and documents such as (MPD, MRB, AMP) and regulations such as those of CAMO (Continuing Airworthiness Management Organization), and their relation to aircraft maintenance program.
- Familiar with aircraft systems and components.
- Familiar with rules and regulations of GCAA pertaining to the Engineering Maintenance, policies, procedures, manuals and licensing.
- Can demonstrate a working knowledge of EASA part 145, part 21 and sub part “M” requirements.
- Experienced in working with a team of professionals (Engineers and Technicians) in a frequently changing environment with heavy work-load schedules and ad-hoc scenarios.
- Very good supervisory and time management skills.
- Necessary exposure on airline and Flight Operations and standard regulations.
- Exposure to Quality Assurance/Safety/Audit functional practices.
- High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
- Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision making skills.