To perform maintenance activities on powered and non-powered Ground Support, Material handling, and Workshop Equipment in accordance with dnata standards and procedures. Independently handle most maintenance activities while being supervised/guided by seniors for complex maintenance issues.
– Ensures assigned work team maintains good housekeeping in the assigned work area, cleanliness of asset being worked on, and that all allocated tools are fit for use.
– Ensures standard safety procedures are followed by self and team during maintenance activities to prevent any personal injury or equipment/vehicle and plant damage.
– Ensures the calibration & certification of all tools & lifting equipment used are current and highlights any discrepancy or damage to such tools to a relevant team member.
– Proactively identifies opportunities to improve efficiency, cost reduction, asset reliability, and safety, by escalating ideas to the Master Level Technician for review.
– Carries out express servicing, minor, intermediate & major preventive maintenance as per the checklist provided on equipment, vehicles, plant & machinery as allocated relevant allocation team.
– Diagnosis breakdown reasons and carry out repairs & corrective maintenance on equipment, vehicles, plant & machinery, components, and sub-assemblies under breakdown to minimize downtime.
– Guides junior or entry-level team members to carry out maintenance activities and repairs to equipment, vehicles, plant & machinery, components, and sub-assemblies under breakdown.
– Performs daily inspection of all equipment, vehicles, plant & machinery for operational reliability & safety and report findings to the master technician.
– Assists with the refurbishment & modification program execution/assistance.
– Reports condition of the asset during the execution of preventive maintenance activities and highlight repetitive faults to help plan and schedule any corrective maintenance requirement.
– Supports the master technicians during the annual asset evaluation program to provide inputs to the asset replacement and/or refurbishment program for capital budgeting.
– Ensures electrically operated equipment is provided with charged batteries.
– Ensures all work-related activities carried out during the shift by self and team are recorded accurately and legibly in the work order to help planning staff log the details of work done in the Maintenance Management System.
– Identifies need for spare parts and tools needed to ensure safe & timely completion of all maintenance tasks and inform relevant stakeholders on requirements.
– Provides operational support to ensure smooth material flow (cargo & baggage) within the automated material handling system.
The terms and conditions for this role are in line with the DWC New Employee Proposition grading system. Please note you will be employed on a single visa status with shared accommodation at Dubai South having a common kitchen cooking facility.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Diploma from a recognized institution in any of the below engineering disciplines: – Automotive – Electrical – Electronics – Mechanical – Hydraulics – Diesel engine
In the field of maintenance preferably in the below industries.
Degree Holders with 2 to 4 years of experience or Diploma holder with 4 to 6 years of experience in the field of maintenance in the below industries:
– GSE and Cargo Workshops in other airports
– Baggage Handling in Airports
– Automobile Workshop; (Cars, pickups, vans, small buses)
– Heavy Equipment (earthmoving, trucks, buses, construction, waste management, heavy material handling)
– Process & Manufacturing Industries (refineries, aluminum processing, food processing, automated material handling, paper & plastic products are a few examples)
– Transportation industry (rail, metro, etc)
– Certificate in other professionally recognized technical courses like Welding, Hydraulics, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Fabrication, Battery Handling, etc.
– Training from ground support & material handling equipment suppliers, established automotive and automotive component manufacturers.
– UAE Driving Licence preferred in order to gain ADP
– Proficient understanding of maintenance practices – English Language Skills Level 3 – Proficient Communication Skills