About Akasa Air:
Akasa Air will be the most dependable airline in India, offering efficient customer service, reliable operations, and affordable fares – all in the Akasa Way.
Akasa Air’s empathetic and youthful personality, employee-friendly culture, customer-service philosophy, and a tech-led approach will make this commitment a reality for all Indians.
Job Position Summary
- To provide direction for the planning, implementation and operation of Safety Management System (SMS) according to national and international regulations and best practices.Establish Safety Performance Indicators and Targets for various departments and responsible for the Safety Performance Evaluation.
- Responsible to develop strategies to ensure continuous improvement of Safety and Quality systems, operational risk management, and the overall organization’s SMS performance.
- Safety Risk Management, employee injury prevention, OSHA compliance program to support Safety Management System (SMS).
- Plan and schedule Accident prevention program as per FSM / SMS Manual.
- Accountable for the development and adoption of the Risk Management process within Flight Operations, Inflight, Ground Operations and Technical departments.
- Drive the continuous improvement of all SMS elements by establishing Safety Performance Indicators.
- Lead and facilitate cross-divisional safety risk management (SRM) and SAGs.
- Work with management to develop risk based tools and techniques to strengthen operational programs, processes and controls.
- Carry out Safety Risk Assessments of various activities and assess the SRAs monitoring by other departments.
- Safety Performance monitoring and presentation in various meetings.
- Develop and establish seamless capturing of Hazards and across the departments and data management.
- SMS system quality assurance and company-wide safety evaluation program
- Develop, plan, organize and manage safety promotion events such as seminars, workshops, surveys, bulletins, magazine, event digest, safety alerts etc.
Desired Qualification / certifications
- Graduate in any discipline.
- SMS training 3-5 days from industry accepted agency/Institute.
- Safety Risk Management
- Lead auditor training from industry accepted organization.
- IOSA Auditor training preferred
Preferred relevant work experience
- Commercial Airline experience of 5 years and 3 years of relevant experience.
Skills and knowledge
- Broad knowledge and experience in a commercial Airline.
- Good command of English language
- Advance skills in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- General knowledge of International and Local Aviation Regulations, Safety Management System
Position reports to
- Chief of Flight safety/Dy. Chief of Flight safety
- Executives / Flight Safety Officers
- 2 days or one station in a month
- Full time