Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of yourself. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and professional lives and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Tech Ops Division within the Line Maintenance organization.
- This role is responsible for FAA Airframe & Power-plant Certificated Aircraft Maintenance Technician, accomplishing routine and non-routine line maintenance for AA and any customer airlines.
What you’ll do
- To provide Line maintenance and troubleshooting on AA & customer aircraft types B777 and B787.
- To ensure compliance with safety directives & application of safe work methods
- To accomplish assigned checks and remedial work in a timely fashion
- To perform tasks and complete all documentation in a timely accurate & comprehensive manner
- To be competent in all disciplines of aircraft maintenance
- To be able to perform troubleshooting on their own
- To ensure rules and regulations of FAA and other agencies and authorities are complied with.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- – A valid FAA Airframe/Power plant Mechanics License or a valid EASA License- A valid UK driving License or equivalent- The right to live and work in the UK without any restrictions.- The ability to obtain and ID for unescorted airside access (subject to criminal record check)- The ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language- A comprehensive knowledge of commercial aviation maintenance- The ability to work alone and under pressure in a fast-paced environment- The ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload- Ability and willingness to work outside in all weathers on a rotating shift environment (including weekends, bank and public holidays).- Proactive approach to all assigned and undertaken work.- Willingness to undertake the taxi/tow physical medical examination.- Qualifications & experience on Boeing 777 and 787- Good technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills- Adaptable to change
Feel Free to be yourself at American
Inclusion and diversity are the foundations of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. From the team members, we hire to the customers we serve, Our 20+ employee business resource groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities, and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential, and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.