This position is not eligible for remote work, under our mobile workforce program.
Reporting to the Director of Crew Services, the Manager – Inflight Crew Scheduling is responsible for the overall performance of the Inflight Crew Scheduling department. As a key member of the Crew Services leadership team, the Manager – Inflight Crew Scheduling plays a direct role in supporting safe on-time performance through an integrated approach that balances business requirements, operational integrity, and regulatory compliance. The role is responsible for ensuring that day-of schedules for Cabin Personnel are in compliance with Collective Agreements and Company policy. The Manager – Inflight Crew Scheduling will regularly collaborate with Inflight leadership, other Crew Services departments, and union/association representatives (CUPE, TAPS).
- Lead the Crew Scheduling team and provide supervision, technical/procedural expertise, and guidance on regulations and contractual provisions related to Cabin Personnel.
- Support the operation during irregular operations (IROPs) and effectively communicate crew scheduling needs within the Operations Control Centre.
- Review call recordings and CrewTrac transactions to provide quality mentoring to the Crew Schedulers on both an ongoing basis and as part of the annual performance review cycle.
- Lead the recruiting process to ensure interview and recruitment of potential future Crew Scheduling candidates is completed in accordance with annual workforce plans.
- Investigate and follow through on incident hazard reports. Follow-up with the Crew Schedulers involved and implement/monitor corrective actions.
- Provide additional information (e.g. call recordings, crew member data, incident details) to the Inflight leadership team.
- Act as the Crew Scheduling representative on the Scheduling Review Committee.
- Remain current as a Crew Scheduler to stay updated with operational procedures while acting as a leader and setting a positive example for the team. Provide coverage for open shifts as required.
- Represent Crew Scheduling in the collective bargaining process including bargaining preparations, support during negotiations, and Collective Agreement implementation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in aviation, airline operations, transportation, or equivalent experience (previous Crew Scheduling leadership experience an asset).
- Three years of general leadership experience
- Recognized Diploma from a college/technical school, or a Bachelor’s Degree, or an additional two years of training/experience in lieu of a degree.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills with the capability of establishing respect and credibility through actions.
- Experience in the development of policy and procedures.
- Experience in partnering with union groups, particularly union leadership/executive.
- Strong organizational skills and confidence in decision-making.
- Ability to excel in a high-pressure environment while managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines.
- Previous CrewTrac experience is an asset
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefits programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs