Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and service of aircraft engines, and auxiliary power units. It offers a broad product portfolio that includes commercial aircraft jet engines, commercial turboprop engines, military aircraft engines, business and general aviation jet and turboprop engines, and helicopter turboshaft engines.
Pratt & Whitney in Singapore is a global center of excellence with the most comprehensive service offering outside of the U.S. Located in key industrial areas of Loyang, Seletar, and Tuas, the Pratt & Whitney companies operating in Singapore include Component Aerospace Singapore, Eagle Services Asia, P&W NGPF Manufacturing Company Singapore, Pratt & Whitney Canada (SEA), Pratt & Whitney Component Solutions, and Turbine Overhaul Services. Pratt & Whitney has been operating in Singapore for more than 30 years, making it one of the pioneers in the development of Singapore’s world-class aerospace industry.
- Set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document results in accordance with procedures.
- Familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and as directed, be capable of providing the necessary guidance to trainees and Level 1 personnel.
- Familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the methods including the scope and limitations of each technique/method.
- Conduct system performance checks in accordance with applicable process standards.
- Develop and manage procedures and inspection techniques (sheets) for NDT Level 3 approval.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or any other related discipline.
- Possess at least 4 years of experience performing FPI (Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection)-Aerospace and at least 2 years of experience in dealing with aircraft structures, engines, and/or components, or acceptable alternative training or experience
- Pass the near-vision eye test at Snellen 20/25, Jaeger 1 or its equivalent, and the color perception test
- Possess experience in 1D4a/d and FPM Code 07 classification/s.
- Possess certification of a current NAS410 / PCN / ASNT or SNT-TC-1A.
- Possess basic knowledge of product manufacturing, inspection technology, and aircraft engine maintenance
- Possess good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and possess working knowledge of SAP
- Good team player with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
Why Join Us
- We drive innovation to go beyond with the purpose to transform aviation.
- We grow our people to become leaders with talent & leadership programs.
- We offer an employee scholarship program for further education.
- We care for your well-being with comprehensive health, medical & dental benefits.
- We provide island-wide company transport from major MRT stations.
- We provide structured on-the-job training and in-house/ external certifications.
- We value trust, safety, integrity, respect, safety, innovation, and excellence.
- We provide an annual wage supplement (AWS) and a variable bonus plan.
- We provide shift & meal allowances (Shift work only).
- We provide overtime benefits as applicable (Shift work only).
- Our ethos is “We Succeed, Together”.