Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
What you’ll do
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU) / International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) – Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- The work of a Ground Service Equipment Mechanic shall consist of repairing, maintaining, and upgrading the company’s fleet of ground support equipment.
- Those duties will include, among others, the necessary sequence of operations to troubleshoot, disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, assemble, install and adjust automotive and ground equipment, machinery, accessories, parts, etc and explaining the work procedures to personnel assigned to assist in that work.
- Works according to FAA and Company regulations and procedures and instructions from a Crew Chief or supervisor.
- Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures.
- Will communicate with other company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company.
- In addition to the above duties, performs the following duties as assigned: requesting parts, cleaning work area, and connecting/removing ground power and ground start units.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) months training from an accredited school in automotive mechanical maintenance, or 18 months mechanical experience on automotive equipment.
- Possess the applicable state or city license.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance with Company Safety Guidelines.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off.
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA).
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges.
- Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more