The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The work of the Plant Maintenance Mechanic-Stationary Operating Engineer classification includes the following: repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, overhaul, or operation of boilers, chillers, water-cooled air systems, energy management systems, boiler distribution and/or gas line plumbing valves, large air compressors, exhaust controls, indoor airspace heating systems, climate controls, and all other ancillary equipment associated with Central Utility Plant operations. Work according to company regulations and procedures and instruction from the crew chief or supervisor. Completes forms connected with his work assignments according to established procedures and will communicate with other company personnel as required in a manner designated by the company.
All you’ll need for success
- High School diploma or GED
- Thirty-six months (36) or more experience as a stationary engineer
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance to AA Safety Guidelines
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
- Valid state driver’s license
- Possess the applicable state or city license.
- Possess a current NYC Stationary High Pressure Boiler Operating Engineer License.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
*Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
American Airlines Careers