Motivated to bring a key contribution to Airbus’ industrial and societal targets in the context of propulsion aircraft functions? Looking for a great opportunity to develop your technical & leadership skills in a multidisciplinary environment?
The Powerplant Functional Integration MBSE Engineer role at Airbus India is waiting for you!
Within Airbus Propulsion Engineering, Powerplant Functional Integration is the place where the various aspects of the Propulsion System (Engine and Nacelle, Control, Fire) are integrated into the aircraft, so that they can be efficiently designed, validated, and certified.
You will join the new Powerplant, Functional Integration team, as a Powerplant Functional Integration MBSE Engineer from India.
The purpose of this new mission is to perform a step-change in the way we design the preliminary functional, logical, and physical architectures and we develop our products, in particular, new propulsion architectures and new powerplant functions. In particular, we have the ambition to develop, deploy and apply a Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) approach to support future architectures and functions.
Powerplant Functional Integration will deliver a new way to integrate the propulsion-related
The main three drivers for this mission are:
– More robust development of product evolution of current aircraft programs
– More autonomous operations of current and future aircraft, requiring the development of
complex, multi-system functions, today in CONNECT, MORGAN and DISCO projects
– New propulsion system architectures, requiring to re-think the functional breakdown and
functional allocation to propulsion system components, today in eAction and ZeroE projects
Your main role will be to implement and apply a functional approach to the existing and future propulsion systems and functions.
You will work together with:
– Your team: Propulsion Engineering system designers and specialists, highly skilled in all the aspects of Propulsion System Integration
– Your customers: Propulsion Engineering Aircraft Programme Interfaces
– Your partners: Key Airbus Suppliers (Engine and Nacelle Manufacturers)
Tasks & Accountabilities
Your main accountability will be to ensure the implementation and evolution of a powerplant
functional approach and its application on the development of real use-cases.
Your main tasks will be:
○ Support definition of strategy and associated work plan to deliver a Powerplant
○ Implement a Powerplant Functional approach in the selected framework
○ Provide Architecture level Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and
Requirements Management support for complete Aircraft Modeling and simulation(M&S) architecture
○ Instantiate the Powerplant Functional Model on existing Airbus aircraft programs and on R&T aircraft baselines
○ Coordinate with the other Design Offices to capture system behavior, and to explore potential improvements to the system while linking and managing the requirements baseline to the architecture
○ Perform preliminary safety analysis on aircraft function with the support of the design office
○ Participate in the development of a system-of-systems architecture model, ensuring M&S requirements drive an integrated (System-level) M&S capability
○ Write associated technical documentation
● Follow up
○ Monitor deliverables progress and launch appropriate actions when needed
○ Check deliverables before release to ensure the technical quality, global consistency, and adherence to the review process
○ Interfacing with relevant counterparts in Europe to ensure maximum effectiveness of model development
○ Capture and integrate lessons learned of past development into new ones
Do you have the following experiences, skills, and willingness:
● Educated with B.Tech./B.E./M.Tech./M.E., preferably with specialization in Aerospace
engineering, ideally with experience in the propulsion system
● Preferably 3-5 Years but no constraints depending on the knowledge of Propulsion Systems
● Training sessions will be conducted on different aspects of modeling, specific tools, and Ways of Working if required after joining
● Interest in Functional Modeling and MBSE Approach
● Knowledge of aircraft architecture, basic Aircraft behavior, and systems
● Knowledge of Propulsion System Development Process and Capabilities
● Knowledge and experience in simulation and modeling (CAMEO, 3DX, Matlab, SCADE, Rhapsody (Sysml), Magicdraw, etc.) – at least one modeling language
● Working knowledge of Configuration Management (SVN, CVS, etc.)
● Ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary team:
○ Driven by collaborative and team spirit
○ Listen, understand, challenge, and decide
○ Experienced in giving and receiving feedback
● Advanced level in English (Written & Verbal)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation, and sustainable growth.
Company: Airbus Group India Private Limited
Contract Type:Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Experience Level:Entry Level / Débutant / Anfänger / Recién titulado
Job Family: Engineering Services Sub-contracting <JF-EN-EP>