In your role, you will:
- Be responsible to perform various engineering-related tasks related to the development, testing, certification, production, and in-service support of Avionics Systems of state-of-the-art business aircraft. More specifically:
- Define and manage the overall systems and subsystems engineering requirements to ensure safety, certification & aircraft design requirements, and objectives are met.
- Work with the system suppliers as well as other interfacing suppliers and disciplines on the program to ensure the system is properly engineered and designed to be integrated smoothly into the aircraft.
- Be responsible for the timely integration of systems, such as AFCS, Communication (VHF, HF, SATCOM, Datalink), Navigation (ADF, VOR, ILS, DME, TCAS, Transponder, IRS, GPS, FMS, Weather Radar), Displays (EFIS, EICAS, HUD, SVS), Information/Maintenance & Recording (IMS, OMS, Data load, CVR, FDR, AHMS), on the aircraft.
- Write, Conduct or Witness development and certification tests on the aircraft and/or on rigs.
- Review, analyze and approve the test results.
- Conduct and support ARP4754 system and aircraft verification and validations.
- Manage, review and approve the engineering deliverables of the Avionics System Suppliers.
- Liaise with Certifying Authorities and/or support their delegates in achieving system certification.
- Support the Final Assembly Line and In-Service Aircraft for any technical engineering design-related issues and bring them to closure.
- Participate in the development and implementation of tools and processes as needed by the function in order to meet our organizational objectives.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Software, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent with five (5) years of experience in a similar role.
- You have strong knowledge of multiple Avionics Systems.
- You have the knowledge and/or Experience in Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) systems.
- You have knowledge of the specification, design, integration, test, and certification of Avionics systems on aircraft.
- You understand how these systems integrate and interact with the overall aircraft.
- You are familiar with the industry standards DO-178, DO-160, and ARP4754.
- You have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- You have excellent problem-solving skills, work planning structure, and prioritization.
- You have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- You are willing to travel.