Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of yourself. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
The Reservations Sales Representative sells American airline’s service to prospective customers by answering incoming calls and assisting customers in reaching satisfactory solutions to their travel needs.
What you’ll do
- Apply sales techniques, while providing scheduling, fare and flight information to our customers in a manner that meets the basic training and normal call guidelines
- Representatives are cross-trained to process domestic/international sales calls, including Aadvantage products
- Must display a high level of professionalism, friendliness and composure when dealing with customer including the ability to interpret and resolve customer needs
- In addition, the sales and service representatives will respond to caller inquiries in our non-airline related ventures as call volumes dictate
- All functions are performed within certain time constraints that are based on the average talk and work times of fellow employees.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High school diploma
- Ability to work a variety of shifts assigned by seniority, according to operational needs
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the native and the English language
- Satisfactory attendance required
- Public communication skills, required
- Operation of computer terminal and standard pc keyboard required
- Minimum 25-49 wpm typing requirement
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members, we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities, and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential, and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.